Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Women Who Dont Like Women


As we all grow older (becoming pre teens to teens, teens to young adults, young adults to *BAM!* adults) there comes a point in time where all your actions are really your own. To me, any actions that are rude, inconsiderate, and/or ugly are completely inexcusable. Sure we all have a bad day and can fly off the handle for a second, but when you blatantly act immature like a damn 16-year-old, I'm not cutting you any breaks.

Examples:

  • Constantly acting like your life is shit. Such as: throwing tantrums about circumstances, the "woe is me" talk, constantly giving out weak needy smiles to anyone who might allow you to complain about your life for 3 minutes.

  • Harassing any one. Period.

  • Inserting yourself + drama into a ex's new relationship.

  • Being completely disrespectful with first impressions.


Now, while my list could go on, but I'll just stop at the last one, because it's the one that's fueling the fire of this post. I can't stand women who don't like other women!

I totally understand if you're the type of chick who has more guy friends, or who just find it easy to have less estrogen in her life, or that you just like to keep your circle of female friends small. These are women who will keep themselves at a distance, but still be polite. What I don't, and refuse to understand, is why any woman would act like a bitch to another woman, upon the first time meeting her.
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength". ~Eric Hoffer

Let me elaborate.

A friend of mine, who is so amazing, inspiring, and fun, would constantly talk about her best friend Nadia who lived about 2 hours away from our town. My friend would constantly talk about how chill of a person Nadia was, how she always has her back, and how she's so fun to have a night on the town with. She also told me that Nadia is weary of other girls. I brushed that off, thinking "Oh, that just means she'll be a little reserved at first but if she's best friends with "so-and-so" she'll love me", and I suggested that we all hangout some time.

Now after months and months of hearing about Nadia, I finally got to meet her. It was upon this meeting that I understood the The Universe had kept her away from me for so long. See, I only attract amazing, loving, inspiring people into my life, Nadia, gave me the once over, a half assed handshake that any parisienne would spit on, and completely ignored me after that. No smile, and defiantly no eye contact. I was floored. This chick, who I heard about for months about how awesome she was? I couldn't even believe that my friend could even tolerate her.


After that meeting, I thanked The Universe for keeping her away from me, for all the amazing girlfriends I have in my life (I <3 you!), and moved on. I even met her a 2nd time while out at a bar with said friend. Second time I was completely ignored, and I laughed.

"Women who don't like women": because we are not in high school anymore, you need to grow up.

Why do they act this way?
These women so crippled by their own insecurities, that they treat almost every woman they come in contact with like shit. Why? Because they are threatened and too immature to act with any common sense. SILLY! We are all beautiful in our own special ways and comparing ourself to another is insane.

My advice:
The woman-hater: Be nice. Shake her hand with some integrity. Smile, "say nice to meet you". You don't have to like sugar and sunshine, you don't even have to forge a full on conversation (but why not? you might actually *GASP!* get along the other woman), but being cold and rude is not an option. Act with some class, act with some grace. If you can't be charming at least be tolerable. Then go home, grab a journal and pen, and do some serious soul splurging as to why you feel the need to act so catty towards other woman.

You, the super chic, charming super woman: Smile, be the amazing, loving gal you are, and remember that her actions towards you have nothing to do with you. Then have a coffee date with one or more of your fabulous girlfriends.

What do you think about women hating women? Have you ever been treated nasty by another gal before? Have you been the nasty gal before? Do tell...

xoxo Fennec

No comments:

Post a Comment