Thursday, July 15, 2010

Makeup Look: Brick Red

MAC cosmetics has the BEST matte eyeshadows ever. I have never come across matte colors that are so silky and pigmented. Recently I became re-obsessed with matte eyes and have been frequenting my local MAC counter slowly building my collection. Recently purchased: Brick Red, which looks more like a brick orange. Its really warm and because its matte it can either pop amongst brighter colors, or give a softer look with a neutral palette. I chose the look of neutral colors:
I'm wearing:Wooooah... I swear I'm not a makeup snob! I use other brands too, but you have to admit that MAC and Urban Decay make awesome shadows. Overall outcome:Sometimes when I wear big lashes I like to go for a Barbie or Babydoll look, so I went with a high ponytail and huge bow from Hot Topic on the very top.

Seriously guys, this was not a "win" day for picture taking. Sorry about the blurry-ness!
Since my eyes were the focal point, I went softer everywhere else. I chose Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge in Calypso Coral to wear on my cheeks, and what makes this product extra awesome is that you can wear it on your lips too, which I did also. My complexion is MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer and Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation. The Silk Creme has great coverage, but literally makes your face a blank canvas, to I added definition with MAC Pro's Sculpting Powder. Brows filled with Urban Decay's Brow Box in Brown Sugar.

What do ya think? Whats your take on matte eyeshadows? Whats your favorite brand(s) of eyeshadow?

xo Fennec



No comments:

Post a Comment